San Bruno, California
“Vicki was instrumental in enhancing the visual appeal of our [Riverbed] products.”
Linkedin testimonial. See more at www.linkedin.com/in/vickimorawietz
I am an experienced Senior Visual UX/UI Designer, Art Director
- Accomplished web and UI designer for Fortune 500 companies and startups
- Enthusiastic about challenges involving analyzing interfaces to create better user experiences
- Thrive in a creative environment, I believe better design comes from collaboration
- Ambitious with excellent leadership skills
Highly creative, self-motivated, clear communicator, diligent attention to detail, goal-oriented, dedicated and a team player
Web Design: UI/UX, app development, responsive web design, dashboards, emails, iOS mobile, infographics, templates, HTML, CSS
Print Design: Style guides, packaging, catalogs, point of purchase, ads, templates
Platforms: Macintosh and Windows
Software: Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InDesign, Dreamweaver, responsive HTML 5/ CSS3, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq, Flash, Quark Xpress, Microsoft Office Applications
Riverbed , San Francisco, CA
Visual UI Designer 11/2016- present
- As UI/UX designer worked with team to improve existing SteelConnect Manager (SCM) application by creating new UI and mock ups.
- Worked with developers to create the SCM on-premises launch application, for clients that require on-prem for compliance needs.
- Updated existing style guide as well as introduced and implemented cloud based collaborative library for sketch.
- Worked with developer to enhance existing SCM mobile application using user stories and wireframes.
Littler Mendelson, San Francisco, CA
UI/UX Designer 10/2014 - 11/2016
- Created application user interfaces and visual design for Littler internal and client facing applications.
- Made wireframes and pixel perfect mock ups for internal mobile application, worked closely with developer to ensure UI/UX standards as well as current IOS best practices.
- Built out new UI for new and existing older applications.
- Created solutions to complex interface and interaction design challenges (both low-fi wireframes and high-fi mockups) that are intuitive, elegant and precise from concept.
- Redlined pixel perfect mockups for developer implementation, worked closely with developers for quality assurance and usability standards and created style guide from redlines.
Riverbed , San Francisco, CA
Visual UI Designer 5/2014- 9/2014 (contract)
- Worked in the UX department to create intuitive, responsive user interface web based management portal for Riverbed’s enterprise class networking hardware.
- Conceptualized and created pixel perfect rich, fresh flat UI design for dashboards, configuration pages, widgets, panels, tables, icons and more.
- Created comprehensive style guide for the new design implementation, icon libraries, persona pages and other visual design needs for the UX department.
AmMAC, San Jose, CA
Senior Visual Designer, UI 10/2013- 4/2014
Small startup environment working directly with chief marketing manager to redesign website, UI and marketing materials to be more conceptually friendly and fun. Company product is a mortgage broker portal with easy to use interface.
- Redesigned web site and UI to be fun and fresh with use of almost flat and trending design elements.
- Created and designed icons for site and marketing use.
- Designed and coded responsive emails and CRM login page, various infographics, help PDFs, social media graphics, and style guide.
Freelance (contracting), 2/2012-10/2013
- Visual design/UI/UX, designed and coded responsive web site for Howard, Rome, Martin and Ridley LLP: www.hrmrlaw.com.
- Visual design/UI at UEVision.com, wireframes for ipad music app, visual design from wireframes for dashboard.
- Visual design/coding at Extole creating mini pages, banners and buttons using CSS.
- Print/production, created video game e-manual and book for QED studios.
AGI Shorewood, Redwood City, CA
Template Design Manager 6/2011-2/2012
This Ad agency was dedicated solely to a single client, Electronic Arts. I created high quality templates that were easy to follow and work with for print publications, packaging, and marketing materials.
- Oversaw constant maintenance, updating, and quality control for hundreds of templates.
- Upheld in-depth knowledge of video game packaging requirements for client needs.
- Supervised and directed production artists to help maintain templates database.
- Maintained evolving workflow and relationships with project managers and first-party platform companies such as Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo.
Page Mage Inc., Redwood City, CA
Art Director/GUI 8/2008-12/2010
With the Page Mage portal eBay sellers created custom flash pages transforming auctions into action-based mini-sites that utilized social media.
- Created the user interface and experience for Page Mage’s custom web application working closely with back-end engineers on the UI to develop exclusive company software.
- Oversaw and developed all templates, artwork, and banners and established conceptual and stylistic direction.
- Led wireframe creation for templates.
- Worked closely with marketing to bring company to the forefront of eBay template subscription services.
- Created reports and roadmaps of ongoing creative services projects.
- Established and managed the creative services department, hiring designers for product development.
VAM Design, San Bruno, CA
Art Director, Visual Designer UI/UX, Owner 5/2003-8/2008
Partnered with clients to produce web design, UI/UX, packaging, advertising, post-production, logo design, business-to-business graphics, and eCommerce design. Oversaw all design and creative concepts from original layouts, production design, and web site wireframes, to UI/UX for wide variety of industries.
- Provided excellent and timely service for Fortune 500 clients.
- Communicated project requirements from conception to completion that was understandable to all parties involved.
- Created strong compositions using design, typography, and usability for web and marketing projects
Key Clients include:
2KSports, Sega of America, Havok, Electronic Arts, Agetec, Walmart.com, Mentura.com, live365.com, SayIt.com, EVault, and Single Point of Contact
Sega of America, San Francisco, CA
Lead Graphic Designer 3/2001-5/2003
- Created graphics from concepts to final pieces for packaging, advertisements, and point of purchase.
- Worked closely with project managers to compare, contrast and mutually develop concepts geared toward video game sales market.
- Completed projects on time and on target to departmental schedules.
- Experience with drawing storyboard concepts.
- Mentored junior graphic designers.
TeamWorks Technology, Millbrae, CA
Art Director/GUI 2000-2001
- Conducted usability tests to make sites more user-friendly by building interactive eCommerce sites
- Solved UI problems by designing and predicting end-user utilization.
- Created UX test web sites from wireframes that allowed customizable interfaces..
- Worked on the UI for Always in Style and Seventeen Magazine to promote beauty products on their web sites.
Single Point of Contact, Palo Alto, CA Management Consultant, 2007-2008. Consulted on the internal purchasing department creating new processes of system operation. Recruited, interviewed, trained, supervised, and evaluated staff. Monitored purchasing activities and relationships with vendors.
Lewis Galoob Toys, South San Francisco, CA Graphic Designer, 1998-1999. Worked as graphic artist in Star Wars prequel toy design department. Librarian for prequel concept art, cataloging images for vendors and Hong Kong office. Designed decals for Star Wars prequel toys for commercial shoots. Worked in creative department on website, logo design, and packaging design for Spice Girls fashion dolls.
Industrial Light & Magic, San Rafael, CA Internship 1997. Designed intranet logo for the Digital Matte Department. Assisted in departmental administration, backing up archives, on-going assignments, organized department projects internal paper work, and did scanning of reference materials for use in film projects.
San Francisco State University, San Francisco, California, B.F.A., Conceptual Design, 1997
Ceramics: www.vampottery.etsy.com, drawing, painting, movies, live shows, new gadgets, visual effects, gardening, DIY for my home, San Francisco, world-travel, boating, reading, cooking, great conversations with people, and laughing.